The world of food and drink is constantly changing, with new trends and developments. An expert in this field is the well-known trend researcher Daniel Anthes. In his studies, he looks at the future of pleasure and how we will eat and drink in the future.
There is great interest in the future of indulgence. More and more people are emphasizing healthy eating, local produce and sustainable farming methods. However, Daniel Anthes goes one step further and also examines how packaging, colors and shapes affect our sense of taste and what impact digitalization will have on our eating habits.
For Daniel Anthes, it is important to keep an eye not only on the wishes and needs of consumers, but also on developments in the food industry and among producers of packaging materials. Because these factors have a direct influence on what will be on our plates and in our glasses in the future.
With his findings and forecasts, Daniel Anthes provides companies and producers with valuable advice on how to develop future-proof products and successfully place them on the market. His research findings show that we are in for many exciting and surprising developments in the world of indulgence in the future.
Portrait: The man behind the forecasts
Daniel Anthes, born in Frankfurt am Main in 1980, is one of Germany’s best-known trend researchers. He began his career in a renowned marketing agency before setting up his own business as a consultant in 2010. Since then, he and his team have been observing developments in the areas of food& beverage, lifestyle and digitalization worldwide.
Anthes is considered an expert on food trends and has helped many companies develop new products. His focus is on natural and healthy ingredients as well as new flavor combinations. His predictions often have a high hit rate and have already been quoted in numerous media outlets.
- Anthes’ passion for trends is no coincidence: as a child, he often traveled with his mother in search of unusual spices and food creations.
- In an interview, Anthes also revealed that he prefers to be inspired by small, unknown restaurants. He likes to try new things and is always on the lookout for unusual taste experiences.
- His credo: The future of food lies in diversity and sustainability. He predicts that meat substitutes and regional ingredients will become increasingly important in the coming years.
With his work, Anthes gives companies and restaurant operators important impulses for successful business models. We, too, can look forward to what awaits us on our plates in the future – and can be sure that Daniel Anthes has played a part in it.
The future of food: Daniel Anthes offers insights into the taste of the future
The renowned trend researcher and nutrition expert Daniel Anthes has presented his forecast for the future of food. In his opinion, the diet of the future will be strongly influenced by health and environmental aspects. The focus will be on regional foods and sustainable production.
Another important trend in the future of food will be the focus on plant-based nutrition. More and more people will choose vegetarian or vegan diets because of both health and ethical benefits. Food culture will also be different in the future, as more and more people will cook at home and use regional ingredients.
However, not only the "what" but also the "how will change in the future. For example, technology will play an important role in making food production and distribution more efficient and sustainable. New taste experiences will also play an important role in the future. Daniel Anthes predicts, for example, that insects will be increasingly common on the menu in the future.
- Regional products
- Plant-based nutrition
- Emergence of technology and new taste sensations
So the future of food will be influenced by many factors. However, trend researcher Daniel Anthes offers insights into what food might look like in the future. The future of food is certainly diverse with regional products on the menu and healthy plant-based diets. Technology will certainly have its part to play in the sustainability of food production and distribution, while new flavors like insects will surprise us in the future.
Innovations in gastronomy
The food service industry never stands still. Innovations and trends come and go at breakneck speed. An expert in this field is trend researcher Daniel Anthes. He recently presented his forecast for the future of the restaurant industry.
One of Anthes’ central theses is that the future of gastronomy will rely on sustainable and regional production. More and more diners are placing a premium on environmentally conscious and healthy food choices. Therefore, it is important to offer locally grown and seasonal products. Restaurateurs should adapt to this trend and design their offerings accordingly.
But not only the ingredients will play an important role in the future. The presentation of the food will also be increasingly in focus. Anthes believes that the appearance and presentation of dishes will become even more important in the future. Restaurateurs should therefore pay more attention to the appealing presentation of their dishes.
Conclusion: The catering industry is in a constant state of change. To position themselves successfully in the market, restaurateurs need to keep an eye on the latest trends and developments. In the future, the focus on sustainable ingredients and appealing food presentation will be especially important.
Sustainability and fairness: the future of food
Trend researcher Daniel Anthes says sustainability and fairness are two of the most important factors for future nutrition. It’s not just about what we eat, but also how it’s produced and distributed. Sustainability refers to making sure we conserve resources and practice farming that protects the environment. Fairness means creating just working conditions for farmers and producers, and also treating consumers fairly.
To achieve these goals, we need to focus on using regional and seasonal foods, and on quality over quantity. It’s also about consuming less animal products and finding alternatives like plant-based proteins. Crop cultivation must be efficient while protecting biodiversity. We should also pay attention to avoiding food waste.
- The future of food is thus sustainable and fair, and we need to be aware of how we can change our eating habits to achieve this goal.
- It’s important for everyone to take a responsibility for this, and for the food industry and governments to put pressure on them to achieve this goal.
- By implementing sustainability and fairness in food, we help protect our planet while creating a just and healthy society.
The tastes of the future
Daniel Anthes is a leading trend forecaster for hospitality and food trends. He has spent many years observing and analyzing changes in the food industry and consumption. His ability to identify upcoming trends has made him one of the most influential experts in the field.
The future of taste is a focus for Anthes. He observes that more and more people are looking for authentic, natural and sustainable foods. This trend is part of a larger shift in society, where people are increasingly concerned about quality and interested in products that benefit their health and well-being.
- Plant-based diets: one of the most important changes Anthes points to is the boom in vegetarian and vegan diets. More and more people are opting for all-vegetable menus, even if they are meat eaters. They are looking for new flavors and textures to help them eat healthfully.
- Spices and herbs: Anthes also notices an increase in interest in spices and herbs from around the world. More and more chefs are experimenting with unusual flavor combinations and adding an exotic touch to their dishes.
- Sustainable food: Sustainability is becoming increasingly important in the world of food as well. Consumers are looking for products that are produced in ethical conditions and do not harm the environment.
All in all, future tastes are characterized by a return to traditional techniques, a rediscovery of plants and spices, and an increased demand for products that are ethically produced. Anthes believes the future of food is full of adventure and discovery.